Our Tips & Advice For A Beautiful Deck
A composite deck from DeckSource is a great investment, and provides you and your family with an incredible outdoor living space. Wondering how to keep your deck clean and in good shape for years to come? Let’s go over some top tips and advice on how to clean composite decking now.
Our Top 5 Tips On How To Clean Composite Decking
As an experienced composite decking contractor, DeckSource knows a thing or two about how to clean composite decking. Here are our top 5 tips on proper care and maintenance for Trex and similar composite deck products – follow them to keep your deck in great shape!
- Sweep regularly – Sweeping every 1-2 weeks will help remove large debris, keep dirt and dust from building up, and ensure your deck looks and feels great. You can also conduct checks for stains, moss, and other common issues, and ensure you address them right away.
- Rinse the deck before cleaning – If you’re going to clean your deck thoroughly, it’s a good idea to use a hose with a spray nozzle to blast away dirt and debris, and thoroughly wet the surface of the deck. This will help loosen the dirt when you clean
- Clean with dish soap, warm water, and a soft-bristled broom – Just pour some dish soap or indoor floor cleaner into a bucket with warm water, and use a soft bristled broom to agitate the dirt and debris on your deck to remove it.
- Avoid harsh chemicals – Avoid using acetone and other harsh cleaners and chemicals on your composite decking. Almost all debris and dirt can be removed with just soap and water, and a pressure washer can be used to remove stubborn debris.
- Power-wash with care – If it’s been a long time since you’ve cleaned your Trex composite decking, pressure washing can help you remove a lot of dirt and debris fast.Be careful, though. Use a fan tip and keep the tip at least 8” away from the deck, and do not use a pressure over 3100 PSI, as this will void your warranty and could damage your deck.
In general, we recommend cleaning your deck between 1-2 times per year to keep it looking its best. Consider a deep clean in the spring once the weather warms up, and cleaning again in the late autumn when it starts to get chillier!
See The Benefits Of Composite Decking For Yourself With DeckSource
Whether you have an old wood deck, or even a composite deck that’s seen better days, DeckSource can help you build the brand-new, beautiful deck you’ve always wanted. We serve customers all throughout the Atlanta metropolitan area, so contact us online to get a free estimate for your project immediately.